Freelance Web/Graphic Designer
3 Media Web is an award-winning website design and digital marketing agency. We specialize in designing, developing, and promoting websites on the WordPress platform for both medium and enterprise-level clients.
Under the direction of the Lead Designer, collaborate across business, design, digital marketing, and development functions to create experiences our customers love and that drive results for the business.
This is a DESIGN role for someone that creates new designs from scratch. We do not utilize premade themes for our projects. Please do not apply if you only use themes or if you are a front end developer that leverages themes to make a nice looking site. While we do respect those skills, that is not what this role is.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Execute on all phases of the design process from initial design concepts and mocks to final hand-off to developers and QA
- Proactively identify and suggest solutions to resolve user experience problems and friction points
- Work closely with stakeholder teams during design and development phases to ensure project UI goals and deadlines are met
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliverables concurrently and efficiently
- Experience with: visual design, information architecture, design responsive and adaptive websites and user-interfaces
- Ability to resolve disparate user and business needs, to drive clarity and alignment across stakeholders.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Portfolio demonstrating your own creative work experience solving UX problems and designing thoughtful, innovative web experiences.
- Experience creating designs from scratch without using premade themes.
- Collaboration skills. High degree of creativity, empathy, and passion.
- Stellar communication skills (storytelling, visualization) to enlist support for initiatives and ignite enthusiasm to execute.
- Highly proficient in the use of design and prototyping software (Adobe, Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Knowledge of web and mobile UX patterns, best practices, and emerging technologies. Understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Excellent organizational skills. Able to switch between tasks across projects.
- Able to give and receive feedback and interpret critique to enhance project outcomes.
- This is a freelance position with a future option for full-time.
- This is a client-facing role and you must be available during traditional daytime hours for meetings.
- We have offices in Marlborough, MA, and Grand Rapids, MI, but remote work is fine.
- You must be able to work in the U.S legally.
- You must include a link to your portfolio in the application.
- Previous web agency experience is a plus.
- Do not apply if you only use premade themes in your designs.
- Do not apply if you are a front end web developer. We are not looking for that role right now.