Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Managers are responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of client work. The primary functions of Senior Project Managers include: driving excellent client outcomes that align with established scopes, timelines, and budgets for multiple, concurrent projects; incorporating standards and processes in the delivery of client work; and expertly collaborating with the team and client to deliver on client expectations.
- Craft project plans and task breakdowns with input from team members. Project plans should incorporate milestones, project risks, delivery, timeline and budgets and account for resourcing availability.
- Successfully execute project plans by taking ownership of task assignments to assigned project personnel, proactively removing roadblocks, and ensuring alignment of production output with expected milestones.
- Deliver fixed price, retainer, and T&M projects within expected timelines and budgets.
- Act as the day-to-day Project Manager for 5-7 active client projects, exhibiting senior-level ownership over all client meetings, written status updates, demos, and iterative scope/expectation management.
- Possess superior project awareness at all times, proactively tracking project budget and scope, identifying risks and mitigation paths, and delivering thoughtful, routine, and comprehensive client updates.
- Ensure superior quality deliverables by engaging cross-discipline leadership, enforcing rigorous QA processes and standards, and taking senior-level ownership of end-to-end delivery and client satisfaction.
- Leverage tools, standards, and processes in all client work.
- Maintain highly collaborative relationships with discipline directors to achieve elite project outcomes.
- Translate requirements into comprehensive project approaches/plans that align with established timelines and budgets and can be executed successfully by project teams and collaborate with Accounts to develop scopes of work following discovery.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of underlying client business goals and objectives, consistently identify strategic opportunities to engage with the team, and collaborate towards building strong, long-term client relationships.
- Demonstrate a senior-level consultative, client-focused approach that displays expertise, professionalism, and transparency.
- Maintain project forecasts in a resource forecasting tool, collaborating with the team to adjust resourcing plans as necessary.
- Deliver verbal and written project-centric feedback to personnel celebrating successes and identifying any misalignments with expectations. Consistently provide visibility to the team when delivering this feedback.
- Collaborate with team to prepare invoices for all assigned project work.
What makes you a great fit
- An understanding of our services and the ability to leverage these disciplines to deliver successful client outcomes. A basic familiarity with the WordPress platform is required; candidates with strong familiarity and experience in delivering projects on WordPress will be strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally and externally.
- 3+ years of project management experience delivering full scope web projects for enterprise clients, ideally in an agency environment.
- This can be a part-time or full-time position.
- You must be able to work legally in the U.S.
- Previous web agency experience is a plus