Utilizing one or more digital marketing methods can help a business achieve significant sales and build their customer base. However, content marketing can actually transform a business. Used in conjunction with search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing can drive more traffic to your site through additional avenues, establish your business as an authority in the industry and improve brand recognition.
Where to Publish Content
Most content marketing is initially done through a company blog. Companies that published over 16 blog posts per month received more than 3.5 times more traffic than companies publishing four posts or less. Focusing on a blog is important. However, additional inbound marketing avenues can help bring in more traffic and improve brand visibility. Try getting content published on other sites and blogs. It helps if the content is evergreen, as evergreen posts can continue to bring in new leads and increase your ROI.
Developing Content That Works
There’s more to content marketing than just having a few relevant articles produced and posted on a consistent basis. In order for content marketing to be successful and deliver a high ROI, it must be something your target audience is actively searching for. Furthermore, it must work to convert a lead or help you achieve your established goal.
Consider the following whenever you are creating a new piece of content:
- Will it be of interest to your target audience?
- Does it contain information they are seeking or the answers to questions they might ask?
- Is there a call to action they can follow?
- Is it evergreen?
Using analytical tools, you can see how each piece of content is performing. This will allow you to gain valuable insight into which ones resonate more with your target audience. Then, using that data, you can craft new content with a better understanding of the needs and wants of your customers or clients. And the more content you publish that resonates highly with your audience, the more you establish yourself as an expert in the industry.
Top Benefits of Content Marketing
Content marketing garners several benefits for a website and your business. For instance:
- Having more content on your site, assuming it is quality content, gives visitors more reason to stay on your site.
- More content also helps to improve search engine visibility. The more relevant a search engine considers your website in regards to an organic search, the higher you will appear in search results. This could mean the difference between a potential customer or client visiting your site as opposed to a competitor site.
- Guest blogging on other sites provides more inbound marketing links back to your site. Imagine it as catching more fish using several different rods in different areas of the online ocean.
- The more informational and expert content you publish, the more you will be considered an authority on the subject. That serves to establish your brand as a leader in the industry and builds upon trust with your target audience.
- Evergreen content offers compounding value. One piece of content can continue to bring in new leads. If you can repurpose that content, the ROI can be exponential.
By connecting with your audience through quality content, you can build relationships and subsequently transform your business over time into a strong brand that consumers trust and choose first. Keep in mind that the purpose of the content is not necessarily to sell your products and services, but to provide value to the consumer.
ABOUT 3 MEDIA WEB
3 Media Web is a Boston area website development company. We partner with companies and agencies to build beautiful, responsive websites. Our web skills run deep. HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Bootstrap, responsive, WordPress: We speak all those languages. Whatever you’ve got, we can build it. Whether you already know exactly what you want out of your website or you’re just starting a new web project, we’re the web development team you’ve been looking for. Contact us to learn more.