Located in Marlborough, MA, Wayside Athletic Club is more than a typical fitness club. They offer tennis, swimming, racquetball, fitness, cardio, strength and functional training … group exercise, youth programs, and children’s activities. Their goal is to be the preferred athletic club in the greater MetroWest, MA area. They pride themselves on being a community of members who enjoy all they offer in a warm and welcoming setting.
Through group discussions with the Wayside team, we were able to talk through how to best organize information on the main navigation tabs and utility tabs. 3 Media Web:
- Achieved a simple and intuitive navigation to support a wealth of information
- Created a banner for member news, timely announcements, and schedule changes
- Conceived a tagline to foster the community image and new branding message
There are several competitive fitness clubs in the Wayside Athletic Club market area. Our client wanted to rebrand themselves as a full-service athletic club that represents their family-oriented philosophy. They wanted to attract new members but retain their current members and reduce turnover rate. They also wanted to ensure that their new website would be relevant to current members and be an easy-to-navigate tool to learn about events, schedules, and member news.
3 Media Web designed the website so that visitors, both prospective members, and current members, can get where they want with a minimum number of clicks. To do this 3 Media Web:
- Organized the website as a hub for existing members to use as a tool on a regular basis
- Positioned Calendars of Events on the HOME page so they are easily located and utilized
- Included Call-to-Action links for a one-day pass throughout the site which encourage a visit to the facility, contributing to an increase in new memberships
Wayside Athletic Club has a diverse audience of all ages that interact with the website in different ways. Website visitors may be members who go to Wayside to play, to learn, to compete or to participate in group activities. Other visitors are prospects who want an overview of Wayside and its professional staff. To appeal to all these groups, 3 Media Web created a visually exciting website by:
- Using original, on-site photography
- Depicting all ages engaged in every sport and activity
- Adding an extensive biographical section of key staff members
“Marc and the 3MW team were a pleasure to work with. Not only were they extremely professional, but they listened to exactly what we wished to accomplish and stayed on track (and budget) throughout the entire process. The finished product is a beautiful, completely custom website with tons of (and easy-to-find) information, without seeming overwhelming. It’s no easy feat to build a new website with lots of moving parts, but with 3MW’s knowledge and expertise, they made it happen!”
Melissa Hanaka, Marketing Manager, Wayside Athletic Club
Want to see more for yourself? Check out our project write up and view the website.
ABOUT 3 MEDIA WEB
3 Media Web is a Boston area website development company. We partner with companies and agencies to build beautiful, responsive websites. Our web skills run deep. HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Bootstrap, responsive, WordPress: We speak all those languages. Whatever you’ve got, we can build it. Whether you already know exactly what you want out of your website or you’re just starting a new web project, we’re the web development team you’ve been looking for. Contact us to learn more.